Winter weather calls for hot soup!
This hearty white bean soup is a family favourite around here and has been perfected through the years!
Let’s say it’s an early Christmas gift from our family to yours, shall we?
This recipe is overflowing with vegetables, healthy protein in the form of beans and is creamy without any added milk products. In fact, it’s completely vegan!
Here’s the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe:
1 white onion chopped
2 tbs EVOO
2 can of white beans drained and rinsed
2 teaspoons of liquid smoke
3 bay leaves
1 tablespoons of thyme
1 tablespoons of maramajam
3 teaspoons of pink Himalayan salt
3 cloves of crushed garlic
4 medium sized potatoes peeled & chopped
3 carrots peeled & chopped
4 cups of baby spinach chopped roughly chopped
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
2 tablespoons of “Vegeta”
HOW TO MAKE:
1. Chop and sautè your onion and EVOO until your onion begins to caramelize
2. Drain your two cans of white kidney beans
3. Chop your potatoes and carrots
4. Add your water, Vegeta seasoning, bay leaves and vegetables to your stock pot.
5. Cover and cook on medium heat until your vegetables are softened.
6. Add your remaining spices like your peppercorns, thyme and maramajam, cloves of garlic and pink Himalayan salt.
7. Remove your bay leaves.
8. Remove 1/4 of your soup and blend it until smooth.
9. Add the blended soup back to your pot and add your rough cut spinach.
10. Cover and bring to a slow boil again.
11. Serve with added fresh squeezed lemon juice, fresh dill and enjoy!
This soup is amazing served hot along side fresh sourdough bread with a generous coating of butter.
Garnish your soup with some lemon zest or an extra slice of lemon, freshly ground pepper or a sprinkling of your favourite cheese. The sky is the limit when you have such a family friendly soup!
If you make this hearty white bean soup, let us know and tag me in your social photos.